Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kevin & Madonna’s Erotica get it on…

This is what I wrote about Kevin in my book, The Asian Male – 2.AM: “I met Kevin many years ago while partying and finally mustered the nerve to ask if he was interested in modeling for me. He was shocked that I asked and I was surprised that he agreed. After a few initial meetings to discuss what he was comfortable with, we did the shoot one day in the heat of summer. What I enjoyed about photographing Kevin was that he was not at all shy about showing off his more erotic side to the sounds of Madonna’s Erotica.”

That was many years ago, back in 2007. I look back at this photograph and I feel that the energy is still there. Kevin’s body is lean, almost boney. What I like about this photograph is that it’s compositionally very pleasing to my eye, the body structure and line ziggurats up and down across the page. I like how we don’t get to see Kevin’s full face, but instead we see his erotic lips and I can sense his eyes, in deep sensuality. His jeans slip down, and past his hip bone… just enough for our eyes to slip down with him. Am I right? Of course I am. This is why this photograph reveals and excites, without having to give it away. When we communicate photograph effectively, it is all in the mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment